The International Bridge (Wanguo Bridge), Tianjin, with shipments of cotton
University of Bristol - Historical Photographs of China reference number: Gr01-085. Post card. On the right is a cargo of raw cotton on barges. The International Bridge (Wanguo Bridge), was first known as the French Bridge, and later renamed Chiang Kai-shek Bridge. The bridge was again renamed in 1949: the Liberation Bridge, Jiefang Bridge. The steel, through truss, bascule bridge was completed in October 1927 and still stands.
Black and white photograph