The South Gate, Zhongshan Park (中山公园 / 中山公園), Beijing
University of Bristol - Historical Photographs of China reference number: DC-s06. The stone lions (shishi 石獅) were moved to this site from a Daming Temple in Hebei Province in 1918. During the Cultural Revolution, park workers buried the lions underground to protect them and restored them to their original positions by this gate in 1971. See FD-s032.
Black and white photograph