Beiyushan lighthouse made in Paris by Barbier and Bénard, c.1894
University of Bristol - Historical Photographs of China reference number: DH-s002. Light manufactured by Barbier and Bénard, 82 Rue Curial, Paris, France, and then re-erected at Peiyushan (Beiyushan or Shaho Island), Hieshan Islands, between Ningbo and Wenchow. The flashing lens had four panels, each covering ninety degrees. Each lens panel had two partial bull's-eyes giving a double group-flashing characteristic. First lighted in 1895. Size of gilt-edged mount: 300mm x 410mm. Photograph by Michel Berthaud. See DH-s176, DH-s177 and JC-s741.