The Russian sloop-of-war 'Djighit', Huangpu river and the Bund, Shanghai
University of Bristol - Historical Photographs of China reference number: DH-s122. This is a detail from a panoramic view of the Huangpu River and Bund, Shanghai. The white ground and blue "x" design of the ensign of this warship indicate that it is a vessel of the Imperial Russian Navy. The sloop-of-war DJIGHIT (7 guns, 187 men, Commander Niconoff) was moored continuously at Shanghai from 16 Feb 1891 until 9 April 1891 and was the only Russian warship in port during that period. The Central Hotel is on the far left. The Central Hotel at no.19 The Bund was restructured in the early years of the twentieth century to form the Palace Hotel (Peace Hotel). See also DH-s511, DH-s101, DH-s102, DH-s103, DH-s104, DH-s105, DH-s106, DH-s107, DH-s108, DH-s109, DH-s110, DH-s111, DH-s112, DH-s113, DH-s114, DH-s115, DH-s116, DH-s117, DH-s118, DH-s119, DH-s120, DH-s121, DH-s123, DH-s124, DH-s125, DH-s126, DH-s127, DH-s128, DH-s129, and DH-s130.
Black and white photograph